Friday, March 23, 2012

Easy Vegan Healthy Fruit Sweetened Chocolate Cake Filling/Frosting Recipe

I'm making my kidlet's birthday cake and I needed a filling that wasn't overpowering and low on sugar and fat. I researched and came up with nothing! So I just made up my own
Double this for frosting and filling:

1/2 C Dated Pits Removed
2 Tbsp Cocoa Powder or more your preference
1/4 C Unsweetened Shredded Coconut (gives more body but can be omitted or replaced with cashews or nuts)
2 Tbsp or slightly more Lite Coconut milk (any milk or milk sub will do)
1 tsp Vanilla

Puree the dates, cocoa powder, shredded coconut, and vanilla in a food processor and slowly add the coconut milk until the consistency smooths out check on it to make sure it is stiff and not runny.

5 comments:

Diana Pena said...

Really tasty!

Megan Colwell said...

Mmm, that looks great. I'll have to try that!
http://nauticalowl.blogspot.com/

bLade said...

So simple recipe but useful specially on special occasions. Guess I'll try it some time if I have free time.

btw,if you have time kindly visit my blog here: http://blade296.blogspot.com/ and if you like, be one of my follower. Thank you.

Lady Vee said...

not a vegan and this looks and sounds yummy! thanks for sharing

-blessed holy socks, the non-perishable-zealot said...

High, girl!
Whether you obtain morality4mortality to wiseabove
and/or just glean tantalizing specimens for thy next best seller,
I realize my penname is quite morbid, yet,
you shall find in our blogs a lotta (subliminal) moxie
which has taken this sinfull mortal yeeeeers to compile:
I lay it ALL out for you, dear, with All-Star-Oxygems:

Wouldn’t ya love an endless eternity
of aplomBombs falling on thy indelible cranium?
An XtraXcitinXpose with no
zooillogical-expiration-date?
An IQ much higher than K2?
An extraordinarily, anti-establishment victory
with a sardonic, satirical wit Who’s savvy??
Here’s what the exquisite, prolific GODy sed
(with a most excellent detector of bull§ht):

“Faith, hope, and love,
the greatest of these is love -
jump into faith...
and you'll see with love”
Doesn’t matter if you don’t believe (what I write);
God believes in you.

Meet me Upstairs, girl, where the Son never goes down
from a passionate, lucrative iconoclasm where you’ll find
nonillionsXnonillionsXnonillionsXnonillionsXnonillionsX…
of deluxe-HTTP [<- pi] opportunities for excitement BTW.

Do it. Do the deed, dude. Sign into the Big House.